Today, there are countless shower types in the market with different styles of tapware. Moreover, people who have come across digital showers have this growing curiosity to know how it works. Digital showers represent one of the best and trendy shower system elements in the home of interiors. They are pretty different from the conventional traditional showers in many ways and are worth the price tag. As good as they are, they have both the positive and the not-so-good parts.
This article discusses the advantages and disadvantages of installing digital showers in your home. Before buying digital showers with sensor tapware, it is vital to compare them with what you already have. The main feature of sensor taps is not having to press the tap before it supplies water. So, according to your specific needs, you may want to consider the following pros and cons before subscribing to sensor tapware.
Advantages of Sensor Tapware
The main idea of sensor tapware is to achieve sustainability through conservation. Undoubtedly, water is a limited resource to the world, and there is a need to take care of how we use it.
- Water Conservation. The primary benefit that a Sensor or Automatic tapware brings to the table is saving water. In other words, since the world has sustainable development goals, it keeps clean water, hence the sensor tapware. Electronic taps have a functional design of a low flow rate with an aerator in its pout. In addition, it also has a system that comprises materials that can prevent leakage. By comparison, a traditional basin tap plows at 10 to 15 liters per minute, but the Giampieri sensor taps flow at 6 liters per minute. This new sensor tapware also has a solenoid valve that closes by default.
- A dripping tap can waste up to 300 ml of water in just one hour http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5084234.stm. Therefore, you need a water-0saving plan through the sensor tapware to be sure of conservation. In addition, a small office of 7 people will save 12378.60 liters of water in a year if they use sensor taps. This staggering volume is equivalent to having 155 full baths with the same water. https://www.intelligenthanddryers.com/blog/do-you-realise-how-much-water-you-waste-when-washing-your-hands
- Energy-saving System. Sensor tapware also has an energy-saving system that requires only 6, 9, or a maximum of 12 volts of power. This power specification also applies to whether the system is running on a direct power source or battery. However, during activation of the e-taps, you need to decide the preferred flow rate and temperature for use. Meanwhile, automatic tapware can also produce water at constant temperature for commercial washrooms if you so desire. This variability can become more environmentally friendly, especially if there are other restrictions to water use. In addition, the water system also contains flow limiters, aerators, and pressure-reducing valves.
Neutral features of sensor tapware
There are some neutral features of the sensor taps in between the pros and cons of automatic tapware. Initiation of the automatic tapware brings a lot of fun, but it also requires that the user understands how the system works. In addition, you need to regularly check and clean these taps to function at the optimum level.
So, apart from learning how to use the tapware, you should also cultivate the habit of cleaning the tap filters. The faucet filters need regular checking to prevent costly damage. In case of a power outage or the system has not been in use, clean the filter before use. Click here to read about 2021 Guide to Metallic Tapware Finishes.
In terms of the power that makes the system run, the automatic tapware requires a power supply from direct power or battery. Therefore, check your model of sensor tapware to see if there are LED warnings about any need for replacement. Otherwise, the battery system usually lasts for at least one year before any need for replacement.
Disadvantages of Sensor Tapware
- The price range of this machine is often wide but don’t worry; you will get what you pay for. In other words, the sensor taps eventually require an initial investment than traditional taps. It also comes with its remote control as an automatic system that you can change from default settings. But when you think about how much water and power it will save you, it saves total cost altogether.
- Another disadvantage of using sensor tapware is that your water supply automatically stops if there is any power outage. None of the components of the operated sensor taps can work without an energy supply. But in the real sense, since energy supply is an essential part of business, you also don’t want a power outage. Besides, some of the models can be run on stored power in cells.
- The sensor of hands-free tapware is run by infrared technology, which may have issues with reflective surfaces and bright colors. So, try to shield it from both elements while in use as much as possible. Besides, you should check the manual instructions about this issue. Therefore, polished chrome or mirrors could cause a malfunction.
- In addition, when you use this automatic tapware, note that domestic animals and pets could activate them. If you have a cat/puppy that likes to walk on basin countertops, it may trigger the sensor tapware. This accidental control may lead to water waste or feline fright for cats.
- Automatic tapware removes the risk of cross-contamination since there are no direct touches. However, some reports also suggested that the valve system’s rubber material could still harbor some bacteria. Therefore, the system equally requires some measure of regular cleaning and maintenance. In addition, you may want to regularly flush through the pipe supply and disinfect the sensor components.
- The small design of bright taps would mean that only a few parts are replaceable when a fault occurs. Unlike traditional faucets that you can easily replace parts, sensor tapware is not like that. Therefore, when there is a fault in the sensor tapware system, the likely solution will replace the entire system.
How then can you pick the suitable sensor tapware? Electronic systems of water supply indeed have excellent benefits at the end, such as cost and conservation. However, the user must also prepare for the disadvantages of using this system before faults occur. In addition, you should weigh all your options in the market in terms of the amount of money you are willing to invest and the amount of water you need. Other factors may include the water pressure, the flow rate, the minimum, and maximum temperature. Finally, the Tile and Bath Co can assist you in making informed decisions. Also read: Guide to Metallic Tapware Finishes